1991 was a year:
- 17 January – Harald V becomes King of Norway.
- 4 May – The song Fångad av en stormvind, performed by Carola Häggkvist, wins the 1991 Swedish Eurovision Song Contest for Sweden in Rome, Italy.
- 25 June – Croatia and Slovenia declare independence form Yugoslavia.
- 26 June: The Slovenian War of Independence begins between Slovenia and Yugoslavia.
- 7 July: The Brioni Agreement Independence is signed, ending the Slovenian War of Independence.
- 15 September – The 1991 Swedish parliamentary election is held.
- 17 September – Macedonia declares independence form Yugoslavia.
- 14 October – Ingvar Carlsson resigns as Prime Minister of Sweden, following a defeat for the Social Democratic Party of Sweden in the 1991 parliamentary election, and is replaced with Carl Bildt.
- 30 November – The USA wins the 1991 FIFA Women's World Cup tournament by defeating Norway, 2–1, in the final game at the Tianhe Stadium in Pasadena, California, USA.
- 25 December – The Soviet Union is dissolved.
- 17 January – Olav V (born 1903), King of Norway 1957–1991.
- Georgina Laud (18 May 2019). Eurovision winners (English). Express. Retrieved on 16 October 2020.
- Yugoslavia (English). World Statesmen. Retrieved on 7 July 2020.
- North Macedonia (English). World Statesmen. Retrieved on 8 July 2020.
- Sweden (English). World Statesmen. Retrieved on 7 July 2020.
- Women's World Cup 1991 (China) (English). RSSSF. Retrieved on 8 July 2020.
- Error on call to Template:cite web: Parameters url and title must be specified (English). World Statesmen. Retrieved on 8 July 2020.