1992 was a year:
- 8–23 February – The Olympic Winter Games are held in Albertville, France.
- 29 February–1 March – In a referendum in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the majority votes for independence from Yugoslavia.
- 27 April – The Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia is dissolved, and the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia is pcoclaimed. Remaining are now only Serbia and Montenegro.
- 26 June: Denmark wins the UEFA European Championship by defeating Germany, 2–0 in the final game at Nya Ullevi in Göteborg, Sweden.
- 4 November – Bill Clinton is elected President of the USA.
- Chuck Sudetic (2 March 1992). Turnout in Bosnia Signals Independence (English). New York Times. Retrieved on 8 July 2020.
- Yugoslavia (English). World Statesmen. Retrieved on 7 July 2020.
- European Championship 1992 (English). RSSSF. Retrieved on 17 June 2021.
- Clinton beats Bush to the White House (English). BBC. Retrieved on 7 July 2020.